The Colonel of Travel

Thursday, October 26, 2006

I need drugs

I feel my trip began yesterday in the Doctors surgery as I sat awaiting a big fat needle in my left arm. In synopsis the conversation went something like: Lindsey: Will I be needing malaria pills if I am going to Cambodia? Doctor: Will you be going to the western border regions? LS: Ermm, well, not border, but, yes, I will be going in to the western regions. Doc: ........long pause, no, no you should be ok?(hesitation in voice) LS: right, well even if I'm going close to border for a few days? Doc: ummm, (looks at map and drug guide on wall again) no, no, you'll be fine, just take lots of mosquito spray. LS: Oh, OK, right. Doc: Will you be in a confined space at all? LS: errrm, what, like a box? Doc: *confusion on face*, no, like a bus with locals? LS: OH OH Right Right, yes, yes I will. Doc: right we'll give you a typhoid booster. LS: oh good. Doc: Do you plan to have sex with any locals? LS: ................ *did I just hear that correctly*, aarr emm, I beg your pardon? Doc: Do you plan to have intercourse whilst you are away? LS: well, ermm at this point, I had not planned to. Why is that please? Doc: Lets just boost your hep A, we don't have time for a hep B as you've left it so late. LS: ooo, jolly good then.

Today I went to the travel clinic where I was told 'I must take malaria pills if I am going to Cambodia'.

And so tomorrow my travels begin.
Marvellous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home